Tuesday, June 8, 2010
What Do You Do? Please Read
So I haven't updated in a while. Not sure why. Alot going on, not alot going on. Well I need advice, hopefully only good advice. C has been gone almost 2 months longer than he was supposed to. Something happened and he has to stay longer. Well throughout this whole deployment communication has been an issue, but in these last 2 months it got worse. I finally got to talk to him today and his reason for not talking is pretty much depression. Not happy with the Army, or things going on in his family. He feels sad and in turn didn't want to call me. I kind of understand it, although I'm not happy with it. I told him that it's not fair to shut me out, and that although he can't control the Army, where he is he can control communication and that it was making me sad. I mean stuff like this has happened before, but is this just another part of the Army life I'm going to need to figure out how to work through, or is this a more special situation? We need to figure ourselves out..... sorry I guess this was just a rant. I wanted to include more but I still haven't figured out what is appropriate online and what isn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you should just try to talk to him as much as you can and be there for him when he gets ahold of you. I'm sure he's disappointed that it's taking longer than he thought. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteJust be there. BE THERE, BE THERE, BE THERE and, when you're done with that? BE THERE some more. Unless we deploy, we have no idea what it's like for them. My hubby & I talk about EVERYTHING, but I'll still never truly understand what it means to travel to a war zone, so far from my spouse & our baby.
ReplyDeleteI know it gets hard, but TRY to let him know you're going to be there no matter what. They need that, ya know?
As for him being gone so long, yep, that's the Army. It blows a fattie, but "hurry up & wait" is the Army motto, and they don't disappoint.
You guys will be OK, it just gets rough at times, when you've both had enough & are DYING to see one another.
It does get better. :::hugs:::