Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thoughts from the Shower

Why is it that my BEST thinking comes from being in the shower? Is it the sound of the water? The relaxation? Who knows but whenever I'm in a conflict, am stressed out, have a paper, or a Blog to write words just flow best when I'm in the shower. I need to invent a waterproof laptop or bring in a waterproof tape recorder, because when I get out the words just don't flow the same way.

So I thought that I should write about the chaos changes that's about to come. In a short amount of time Two very important things are about to happen. FIRST C is finally coming home and SECOND I graduate from undergrad. I can't believe that two very important things are coming up so fast and that they are happening so close to one another.

C is coming home. Well to visit. Since I'm still in school and staying here to complete my masters we don't live with each other yet. He will be a few states away, but it will be better than in a different time zone across the world. C is going to (pending the army keeps it's word) come to my state for my graduation and we will get to spend about a week together. It is going to be so strange to see him. Surreal almost. Let's just say it has been a LONG time since I have seen him. And we have been through a 15month deployment before. All of these Army changes caused him to be overseas for quite some time and the price of coming home for a visit, or me flying out was too much for us to afford. I have dreamed about being with him so many times I think when I see him walking at the airport I won't believe my eyes. I have been excited about this for a long time but now it's hitting me hard. What am I going to wear? I might go to the mall again to see if I can find a new dress that he would love to see. This past year+ has been tough on us and I just hope that everything falls back into place. Only one more year of school (thank God for making my masters program one year) and I can move to wherever the Army takes him us.

Graduation? Geez it feels like I was just in High School and couldn't decide where to go or what to be. Yesterday I got alot of schoolwork accomplished after attending an Elementary Education Conference. It was great, we heard first year teachers speak and it made me excited to get this all done and have my own classroom. Only hard thing about that will be getting a job, especially since I think I'm going to get my first teaching job wherever C is.

Well this isn't everything I thought about in the shower but it's close. Two changes coming to my life. I couldn't be more scared excited.

1 comment: